Year of 2014
48 integrated members
106 high-standard publications
… in journals from the first (21), second quartile (27), third (21) and fourth quartile (37)
1. Abade E, Abrantes C, Ibáñez S, Sampaio J (2014) Acute effects of strength training in the physiological and perceptual response in handball small-sided games. Science & Sports 29: e83-e89.
2. Abade EA, Goncalves BV, Leite NM, Sampaio JE (2014) Time-motion and physiological profile of football training sessions performed by under-15, under-17 and under-19 elite Portuguese players. International journal of sports physiology and performance 9: 463-470.
3. Abade EA, Goncalves BV, Silva AM, Leite NM, Castagna C, et al. (2014) Classifying young soccer players by training performances. Perceptual and motor skills 119: 971-984.
4. Aidar Felipe J, Gama de Matos D, Jacó de Oliveira R, Carneiro André L, Tinôco Cabral Breno Guilherme de A, et al. (2014) Relationship Between Depression and Strength Training in Survivors of the Ischemic Stroke. Journal of human kinetics 43: 7.
5. Amaral L, Claessens AL, Ferreirinha J, Maia J, Santos P (2014) Does ulnar variance change with age and what is the influence of training and biological characteristics in this change? A short-term longitudinal study in Portuguese artistic gymnasts. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine 24: 429-434.
6. Amaro N, Marinho DA, Batalha N, Marques MC, Morouco P (2014) Reliability of Tethered Swimming Evaluation in Age Group Swimmers. Journal of human kinetics 41: 155-162.
7. Andre S, Cunha M, Martins M, Rodrigues V (2014) The informal caregiver's socioeconomic prism and its implications on state of mind. Atencion Primaria 46 Suppl 5: 210-216.
8. Aragao FR, Abrantes CG, Gabriel RE, Sousa MF, Castelo-Branco C, et al. (2014) Effects of a 12-month multi-component exercise program on the body composition of postmenopausal women. Climacteric : the journal of the International Menopause Society 17: 155-163.
9. Aragao FR, Moreira MH, Gabriel RE, Abrantes CG (2014) Should menopausal characteristics be considered during cardiorespiratory exercise prescription in postmenopausal women? Climacteric : the journal of the International Menopause Society: 1-6.
10. Augusto CCVCdOF, Araújo BR, Rodrigues VMCP, Figueiredo MdCABd (2014) Adaptation and validation of the Inventory of Family Protective Factors for the Portuguese culture. Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem 22: 1001-1008.
11. Barbosa TM, Morais JE, Costa MJ, Goncalves J, Marinho DA, et al. (2014) Young swimmers' classification based on kinematics, hydrodynamics, and anthropometrics. Journal of applied biomechanics 30: 310-315.
12. Barbosa TM, Morais JE, Marques MC, Costa MJ, Marinho DA (2014) The power output and sprinting performance of young swimmers. J Strength Cond Res.
13. Barbosa TM, Morais JE, Marques MC, Silva AJ, Marinho DA, et al. (2014) Hydrodynamic profile of young swimmers: Changes over a competitive season. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports.
14. Batalha N, Marmeleira J, Garrido N, Silva AJ (2014) Does a water-training macrocycle really create imbalances in swimmers' shoulder rotator muscles? European journal of sport science: 1-6.
15. Batalha NM, Raimundo AM, Tomas-Carus P, Marques MAC, Silva AJ (2014) Does an in-Season Detraining Period Affect the Shoulder Rotator Cuff Strength and Balance of Young Swimmers? J Strength Cond Res 28: 2054-2062.
16. Bello M, Sousa MC, Neto G, Oliveira L, Guerras I, et al. (2014) The Effect of a Long-Term, Community-Based Exercise Program on Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopausal Women with Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of human kinetics 43: 43-48.
17. Bento T, Romero F, Leitao JC, Mota MP (2014) Portuguese adults' physical activity during different periods of the year. European journal of sport science 14 Suppl 1: S352-360.
18. Bezerra LA, de Melo HF, Garay AP, Reis VM, Aidar FJ, et al. (2014) Do 12-Week Yoga Program Influence Respiratory Function of Elderly Women? Journal of human kinetics 43: 177-184.
19. Bradley PS, Lago-Penas C, Rey E, Sampaio J (2014) The influence of situational variables on ball possession in the English Premier League. Journal of sports sciences 32: 1867-1873.
20. Cardoso GA, Silva AS, de Souza AA, dos Santos MAP, da Silva RSB, et al. (2014) Influence of Resistance Training on Blood Pressure in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome and Menopause. Journal of human kinetics 43: 87-95.
21. Carvalho A, Abade E, Carvalho C, Sampaio J (2014) Reliability of electromyography and peak torque during maximum voluntary concentric, isometric and eccentric contractions of quadriceps muscles in healthy subjects. Med Sport 67: 185-193.
22. Carvalho A, Caserotti P, Carvalho C, Abade E, Sampaio J (2014) Effect of a Short Time Concentric Versus Eccentric Training Program on Electromyography Activity and Peak Torque of Quadriceps. Journal of human kinetics 41: 5-13.
23. Carvalho A, Mourao P, Abade E (2014) Effects of Strength Training Combined with Specific Plyometric exercises on body composition, vertical jump height and lower limb strength development in elite male handball players: a case study. Journal of human kinetics 41: 125-132.
24. Carvalho J, Araújo D, Travassos B, Fernandes O, Pereira F, et al. (2014) Interpersonal Dynamics in Baseline Rallies in Tennis. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching 9: 1043-1056.
25. Cavaco B, Sousa N, dos Reis VM, Garrido N, Saavedra F, et al. (2014) Short-Term Effects of Complex Training on Agility with the Ball, Speed, Efficiency of Crossing and Shooting in Youth Soccer Players. Journal of human kinetics 43: 105-112.
26. Conceicao A, Silva AJ, Barbosa T, Karsai I, Louro H (2014) Neuromuscular fatigue during 200 m breaststroke. J Sport Sci Med 13: 200-210.
27. Costa MJ, Barbosa TM, Ramos A, Marinho DA (2014) Effects of a swimming program on infants' heart rate response. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness.
28. da Silveira CL, de Souza TSP, Batista GR, de Araujo AT, da Silva JCG, et al. (2014) Is Long Term Creatine and Glutamine Supplementation Effective in Enhancing Physical Performance of Military Police Officers? Journal of human kinetics 43: 131-138.
29. de Souza MC, de Chaves RN, Lopes VP, Malina RM, Garganta R, et al. (2014) Motor Coordination, Activity, and Fitness at 6 Years of Age Relative to Activity and Fitness at 10 Years of Age. Journal of physical activity & health 11: 1239-1247.
30. Dias MRC, Simao R, Machado GHR, Furtado H, Sousa NF, et al. (2014) Relationship of Different Perceived Exertion Scales in Walking or Running With Self-Selected and Imposed Intensity. Journal of human kinetics 43: 149-157.
31. Ferreira AP, Volossovitch A, Sampaio J (2014) Towards the game critical moments in basketball: a grounded theory approach. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 428-442.
32. Ferreira MI, Barbosa TM, Neiva HP, Vilaca-Alves J, Costa MJ, et al. (2014) Changes of the energetic profile in masters swimmers over a season. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness.
33. Folgado H, Duarte R, Fernandes O, Sampaio J (2014) Competing with Lower Level Opponents Decreases Intra-Team Movement Synchronization and Time-Motion Demands during Pre-Season Soccer Matches. PloS one 9.
34. Folgado H, Lemmink KAPM, Frencken W, Sampaio J (2014) Length, width and centroid distance as measures of teams tactical performance in youth football. European journal of sport science 14: S487-S492.
35. Gago P, Arndt A, Tarassova O, Ekblom MM (2014) Post activation potentiation can be induced without impairing tendon stiffness. European journal of applied physiology 114: 2299-2308.
36. Gago P, Marques MC, Marinho DA, Ekblom MM (2014) Passive muscle length changes affect twitch potentiation in power athletes. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 46: 1334-1342.
37. Gomez MA, DelaSerna A, Lupo C, Sampaio J (2014) Effects of Situational Variables and Starting Quarter Score in the outcome of elite women's water polo game quarters. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 73-83.
38. Gomez MA, Delaserna A, Lupo C, Sampaio JE (2014) Effects of Game Location, Quality of Opposition and Starting Quarter Score in the outcome of elite water polo quarters. J Strength Cond Res.
39. Gomez MA, Perez J, Molik B, Szyman RJ, Sampaio J (2014) Performance analysis of elite men's and women's wheelchair basketball teams. Journal of sports sciences 32: 1066-1075.
40. Goncalves BV, Figueira BE, Macas V, Sampaio J (2014) Effect of player position on movement behaviour, physical and physiological performances during an 11-a-side football game. Journal of sports sciences 32: 191-199.
41. Gould DW, Graham-Brown MP, Watson EL, Viana JL, Smith AC (2014) Physiological benefits of exercise in pre-dialysis chronic kidney disease. Nephrology 19: 519-527.
42. Idoate F, Cadore EL, Casas-Herrero A, Zambom-Ferraresi F, Marcellan T, et al. (2014) Adipose tissue compartments, muscle mass, muscle fat infiltration, and coronary calcium in institutionalized frail nonagenarians. European radiology.
43. IPereira T, Gartner A, Amorim I, Almeida A, Caseiro AR, et al. (2014) Promoting nerve regeneration in a neurotmesis rat model using poly(DL-lactide-epsilon-caprolactone) membranes and mesenchymal stem cells from the Wharton's jelly: in vitro and in vivo analysis. BioMed research international 2014: 302659.
44. Klain IP, Cid L, Matos DGd, Leitão JC, Hickner RC, et al. (2014) Motivational climate, goal orientation and exercise adherence in fitness centers and personal training contexts. Motriz: Revista de Educação Física 20: 249-256.
45. Lago-Penas C, Sampaio J (2014) Just how important is a good season start? Overall team performance and financial budget of elite soccer clubs. Journal of sports sciences: 1-5.
46. Leite NM, Leser R, Goncalves B, Calleja-Gonzalez J, Baca A, et al. (2014) Effect of defensive pressure on movement behaviour during an under-18 basketball game. International journal of sports medicine 35: 743-748.
47. Leite T, de Souza Teixeira A, Saavedra F, Leite RD, Rhea MR, et al. (2014) Influence of Strength and Flexibility Training, Combined or Isolated, on Strength and Flexibility Gains. J Strength Cond Res.
48. Lemos MS, Gonçalves T, Lens W, Rodrigues LP (2014) The Nature and Dimensions of Achievement Goals: Mastery, Evaluation, Competition, and Self-Presentation Goals. The Spanish Journal of Psychology 17: null-null.
49. Lobo A, Duarte P, Carvalho A, Rodrigues V, Monteiro MJ, et al. (2014) The association of equity, accessibility, and price with primary healthcare user's satisfaction. Western journal of nursing research 36: 191-208.
50. Lopes L, Santos R, Moreira C, Pereira B, Lopes VP (2014) Sensitivity and specificity of different measures of adiposity to distinguish between low/high motor coordination. Jornal de pediatria.
51. Lopes VP, Stodden DF, Rodrigues LP (2014) Weight status is associated with cross-sectional trajectories of motor co-ordination across childhood. Child Care Hlth Dev 40: 891-899.
52. Luz C, Rodrigues LP, Cordovil R (2014) The relationship between motor coordination and executive functions in 4th grade children. European Journal of Developmental Psychology: 1-13.
53. Machado-Rodrigues AM, Santana A, Gama A, Mourao I, Nogueira H, et al. (2014) Active commuting and its associations with blood pressure and adiposity markers in children. Preventive medicine 69C: 132-134.
54. Machado-Rodrigues AM, Santana A, Gama A, Mourao I, Nogueira H, et al. (2014) Parental perceptions of neighborhood environments, BMI, and active behaviors in girls aged 7-9 years. American Journal of Human Biology 26: 670-675.
55. Mantha VR, Marinho DA, Silva AJ, Rouboa AI (2014) The 3D CFD Study of Gliding Swimmer on Passive Hydrodynamics Drag. Braz Arch Biol Techn 57: 302-308.
56. Marmeleira J, Laranjo L, Marques O, Pereira C (2014) Physical activity patterns in adults who are blind as assessed by accelerometry. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly 31: 283-296.
57. Marques MC, Izquierdo M (2014) Kinetic and kinematic associations between vertical jump performance and 10-m sprint time. J Strength Cond Res 28: 2366-2371.
58. Marta C, Marinho D, Casanova N, Fonseca T, Vila-Cha C, et al. (2014) Gender's Effect on a School-Based Intervention in The Prepubertal Growth Spurt. Journal of human kinetics 43: 159-167.
59. Marta CC, Marinho DA, Izquierdo M, Marques MC (2014) Differentiating maturational influence on training-induced strength and endurance adaptations in prepubescent children. American Journal of Human Biology 26: 469-475.
60. Medeiros A, Marcelino R, Mesquita I, Palao JM (2014) Physical and Temporal Characteristics of Under 19, Under 21 and Senior Male Beach Volleyball Players. J Sport Sci Med 13: 658-665.
61. Medeiros AIA, Mesquita IM, Marcelino RO, Palao JM (2014) Effects of technique, age and player's role on serve and attack efficacy in high level beach volleyball players. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 680-691.
62. Mendes R, Sousa N, Garrido N, Cavaco B, Quaresma L, et al. (2014) Can a Single Session of a Community-Based Group Exercise Program Combining Step Aerobics and Bodyweight Resistance Exercise Acutely Reduce Blood Pressure? Journal of human kinetics 43: 49-56.
63. Monteiro R, Pfeifer L, Santos A, Sousa N (2014) Soccer Practice and Functional and Social Performance of Men With Lower Limb Amputations. Journal of human kinetics 43: 33.
64. Morais JE, Costa MJ, Forte P, Marques MC, Silva AJ, et al. (2014) Longitudinal intra- and inter-individual variability in young swimmers' performance and determinant competition factors. Motriz: Revista de Educação Física 20: 292-302.
65. Morais JE, Marques MC, Marinho DA, Silva AJ, Barbosa TM (2014) Longitudinal modeling in sports: Young swimmers' performance and biomechanics profile. Human movement science 37: 111-122.
66. Morais JE, Silva AJ, Marinho DA, Seifert L, Barbosa TM (2014) Cluster Stability as a New Method to Assess Changes in Performance and its Determinant Factors Over a Season in Young Swimmers. International journal of sports physiology and performance.
67. Moreira MF, Morais JE, Marinho DA, Silva AJ, Barbosa TM, et al. (2014) Growth influences biomechanical profile of talented swimmers during the summer break. Sports Biomechanics 13: 62-74.
68. Morouco PG, Marinho DA, Keskinen KL, Badillo JJ, Marques MC (2014) Tethered Swimming Can Be Used to Evaluate Force Contribution for Short-Distance Swimming Performance. J Strength Cond Res 28: 3093-3099.
69. Neiva HP, Marques MC, Barbosa TM, Izquierdo M, Marinho DA (2014) Warm-up and performance in competitive swimming. Sports medicine 44: 319-330.
70. Neiva HP, Marques MC, Fernandes RJ, Viana JL, Barbosa TM, et al. (2014) Does Warm-Up Have a Beneficial Effect on 100-m Freestyle? International journal of sports physiology and performance 9: 145-150.
71. Neto Cláudio F, Neto Gabriel R, Araújo Adenilson T, Sousa Maria SC, Sousa Juliana BC, et al. (2014) Can Programmed or Self-Selected Physical Activity Affect Physical Fitness of Adolescents? Journal of human kinetics 43: 125.
72. Novaes Giovanni S, Novaes Jefferson S, Vilaça-Alves J, Costa e Silva G, Garrido Nuno D, et al. (2014) Chronic Effects of Strength Training Vs. Hydro Aerobics on Functional and Cardiorespiratory Ability in Postmenopausal Women. Journal of human kinetics 43: 57.
73. Nunes PM, Serrasqueiro Z, de Carvalho PG (2014) Investment Determinants of Fitness Smes in Portugal. Technol Econ Dev Eco 19: S496-S523.
74. Oliveira T, Abade E, Goncalves B, Gomes I, Sampaio J (2014) Physical and physiological profiles of youth elite handball players during training sessions and friendly matches according to playing positions. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 162-173.
75. Paolucci T, Vetrano M, Zangrando F, Vulpiani MC, Grasso MR, et al. (2014) MMPI-2 profiles and illness perception in fibromyalgia syndrome: The role of therapeutic exercise as adapted physical activity. Journal of back and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
76. Pereira CL, Baptista F, Infante P (2014) Role of physical activity in the occurrence of falls and fall-related injuries in community-dwelling adults over 50 years old. Disability and rehabilitation 36: 117-124.
77. Povoas SC, Ascensao AA, Magalhaes J, Seabra AF, Krustrup P, et al. (2014) Analysis of fatigue development during elite male handball matches. J Strength Cond Res 28: 2640-2648.
78. Ramirez-Campillo R, Castillo A, de la Fuente CI, Campos-Jara C, Andrade DC, et al. (2014) High-speed resistance training is more effective than low-speed resistance training to increase functional capacity and muscle performance in older women. Exp Gerontol 58: 51-57.
79. Sampaio J, Gonçalves B, Rentero L, Abrantes C, Leite N (2014) Exploring how basketball players’ tactical performances can be affected by activity workload. Science & Sports 29: e23-e30.
80. Sampaio JE, Lago C, Goncalves B, Macas VM, Leite N (2014) Effects of pacing, status and unbalance in time motion variables, heart rate and tactical behaviour when playing 5-a-side football small-sided games. J Sci Med Sport 17: 229-233.
81. Santa Rosa de Sousa M, Machado dos Reis V, da Silva Novaes J, Mendes de Sousa J, Martins de Souza D (2014) Effects of resistance training on binge eating, body composition and blood variables in type II diabetics. Acta Scientiarum: Health Sciences: - 15-23.
82. Saraiva AR, Reis VM, Costa PB, Bentes CM, Costa ESGV, et al. (2014) Chronic effects of different resistance training exercise orders on flexibility in elite judo athletes. Journal of human kinetics 40: 129-137.
83. Sarmento H, Anguera MT, Pereira A, Marques A, Campaniço J, et al. (2014) Patterns of Play in the Counterattack of Elite Football Teams - A Mixed Method Approach. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 411-427.
84. Sarmento H, Marcelino R, Anguera MT, CampaniCo J, Matos N, et al. (2014) Match analysis in football: a systematic review. Journal of sports sciences 32: 1831-1843.
85. Seifert L, Komar J, Barbosa T, Toussaint H, Millet G, et al. (2014) Coordination Pattern Variability Provides Functional Adaptations to Constraints in Swimming Performance. Sports medicine 44: 1333-1345.
86. Silva A, Mota MP (2014) Effects of physical activity and training programs on plasma homocysteine levels: a systematic review. Amino acids 46: 1795-1804.
87. Silva M, Lacerda D, Joao PV (2014) Game-Related Volleyball Skills that Influence Victory. Journal of human kinetics 41: 173-179.
88. Silva P, Duarte R, Sampaio J, Aguiar P, Davids K, et al. (2014) Field dimension and skill level constrain team tactical behaviours in small-sided and conditioned games in football. Journal of sports sciences 32: 1888-1896.
89. Silva P, Travassos B, Vilar L, Aguiar P, Davids K, et al. (2014) Numerical relations and skill level constrain co-adaptive behaviors of agents in sports teams. PloS one 9: e107112.
90. Soares JP, Cortinhas A, Bento T, Leitao JC, Collins AR, et al. (2014) Aging and DNA damage in humans: a meta-analysis study. Aging 6: 432-439.
91. Sousa N, Mendes R, Abrantes C, Sampaio J, Oliveira J (2014) Effectiveness of combined exercise training to improve functional fitness in older adults: A randomized controlled trial. Geriatrics & gerontology international 14: 892-898.
92. Sousa N, Mendes R, Abrantes C, Sampaio J, Oliveira J (2014) A randomized study on lipids response to different exercise programs in overweight older men. International journal of sports medicine 35: 1106-1111.
93. Sousa N, Mendes R, Monteiro G, Abrantes C (2014) Progressive resistance strength training and the related injuries in older adults: the susceptibility of the shoulder. Aging clinical and experimental research 26: 235-240.
94. Travassos B, Goncalves B, Marcelino R, Monteiro R, Sampaio J (2014) How perceiving additional targets modifies teams' tactical behavior during football small-sided games. Human movement science 38: 241-250.
95. Travassos B, Vilar L, Araujo D, McGarry T (2014) Tactical performance changes with equal vs unequal numbers of players in small-sided football games. Int J Perf Anal Spor 14: 594-605.
96. Tucher G, de Souza Castro FA, Garrido ND, Martins da Silva AJ (2014) The reliability of a functional agility test for water polo. Journal of human kinetics 41: 181-190.
97. Vasques C, Magalhaes P, Cortinhas A, Mota P, Leitao J, et al. (2014) Effects of Intervention Programs on Child and Adolescent BMI: A Meta-Analysis Study. Journal of physical activity & health 11: 426-444.
98. Vaz L, Morais T, Rocha H, James N (2014) Fitness profiles of elite portuguese rugby union players. Journal of human kinetics 41: 235-244.
99. Viana JL, Kosmadakis GC, Watson EL, Bevington A, Feehally J, et al. (2014) Evidence for anti-inflammatory effects of exercise in CKD. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 25: 2121-2130.
100. Vianna JM, Werneck FZ, Coelho EF, Damasceno VO, Reis VM (2014) Oxygen uptake and heart rate kinetics after different types of resistance exercise. Journal of human kinetics 42: 235-244.
101. Vilaca-Alves J, Geraldes L, Fernandes HM, Vaz L, Farjalla R, et al. (2014) Effects of Pre-Exhausting the Biceps Brachii Muscle on the Performance of the Front Lat Pull-Down Exercise Using Different Handgrip Positions. Journal of human kinetics 42: 157-163.
102. Vilar L, Araujo D, Davids K, Travassos B, Duarte R, et al. (2014) Interpersonal coordination tendencies supporting the creation/prevention of goal scoring opportunities in futsal. European journal of sport science 14: 28-35.
103. Vilar L, Araujo D, Travassos B, Davids K (2014) Coordination tendencies are shaped by attacker and defender interactions with the goal and the ball in futsal. Human movement science 33: 14-24.
104. Vilar L, Esteves P, Travassos B, Passos P, Lago-Peñas C, et al. (2014) Varying Numbers of Players in Small-Sided Soccer Games Modifies Action Opportunities During Training. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching 9: 1007-1018.
105. Watson EL, Greening NJ, Viana JL, Aulakh J, Bodicoat DH, et al. (2014) Progressive Resistance Exercise Training in CKD: A Feasibility Study. American Journal of Kidney Diseases.
106. Zaar A, Reis VM, Sbardelotto ML (2014) Efeitos de um programa de exercícios físicos sobre a pressão arterial e medidas antropométricas. Revista Brasileira de Medicina do Esporte 20: 13-16.